Surprise! Just when you thought I'd forgotten about my blog, here I am! 


My excuse for not having written for a while is that we moved! Not just a little move but a big interstate relocation! Mr Daisy and I loved our 14 years in the Blue Mountains but it was time to move back to where we both grew up, a town call Ballarat. One of the first questions people ask when I tell them, is am I "going to become Ballaratdaisy instead of Blue Mountain Daisy?".  I did consider it for a moment or two, but I think by now everyone knows me as Blue Mountain Daisy and it has a nice sound to it so I'll stick with that. 

The photos show a most thoughtful and wonderful Whizz Bang cake made by Louise as a going away present. 


So now that I'm in a different part of the country it makes sense that I'll have new teaching spots. I've picked 3 shops for regular classes. 

Sewn & Quilted, Ph. 9877 1664 

92 Whitehorse Rd, Blackburn, Melbourne

2 day Whizz Bang Workshop, 3rd & 4th Sept.

Ongoing classes, first Saturdays of the month from Oct.


Millrose Quilting & Gallery, Ph 5368 2995

92 Inglis St, Ballan

Ongoing classes - 3rd Thursday of the month from August.

Includes delicious cafe lunch, morning & afternoon tea.

Plus 10% off shop purchases on class days.

Height’s Sewing Center,  Ph, 5229 5567

5 Candover St. Geelong West

Tickety-Boo Workshop - August 13th. 

Ongoing classes - 3rd Wednesday of the month except Oct*

August 17th,  Sept 21st, *October 17th ( Monday), Nov 16th,


Plus I'll be travelling here and there and everywhere, starting with a big trip to South Australia in July and August 

And then New Zealand Quilt Symposium in October.

5th -9th New Zealand Quilt Symposium 

5/6th Wed & Thurs - Whizz Bang!

7th Fri - Pine Star

8/9th Sat & Sun - Ric Rac Adventures - a choice of 3 Ric-Rac quilts. 

For more details or to book in follow this link - NZ Quilt Symposium


And I'm looking forward to a country trip to Kyabram in November.

12th &13th Nov - Catharina’s Vintage Stitches Ph. 5860 6710

Kyabram Vic 3620

2 day workshop  - Big Happy Daisy / Pine Cones in The Sunshine.


Plus there are a few other things in the pipeline. I have several upcoming Zoom presentations for overseas guilds which I really enjoy doing. Strangely I don't mind being up in the middle of the night to accomodate the time differences. As soon as I'm zooming in my mind I'm in the time zone of the folks that I am speaking to.

After my trip to South Australia I plan to start offering zoom workshops, so if you are interested in any of my projects in particular, or have any other requests or suggestions, let me know, email is always a good way to contact me - rachaeldaisy@gmail.com

( Millrose Quilting and Gallery, Ballan)



It's been a while since I posted and I've been up to so many colourful things so it's hard to decide which photos to share from the last few months... 

I'll start with this wonderful Frida Kahlo quilt made by Lianne from our Sew Can I classes. I love how joyful and full of happy colour it is.

Lianne also made this wonderful quilt using the Whizz Bang circles again but in a totally different way. She had a great time collecting retro inspired fabrics for this quilt. The citrus colour pallete is so fresh and summery. 


Olivia of @Oliannepatch on instagram, made this fabulous version of 'Groove is In The Heart'.

Kerrie from Sew Can I classes made a version with a black patterned background that really makes the hearts pop and glow!

And here I am with the original quilt at my trunk show presentation for the Victorian Patchwork and Quilters Guild last weekend. 
The annual event is called the 'Quilt In' and it was a full house with 100 attendees all chatting and sewing and having a most wonderful time. 

After lunch it was time for me to get up and talk about my quilts and quilting journey. It is a big honour to be the featured speaker at the 'Quilt In'. When I was first asked it was 2020, before the world turned upside down. It was then postponed 3 times so it was extra wonderful to finally be there with everyone. It was also a most perfect Welcome celebration now that I'm based in Victoria. 

Here I am with my 'Hextravaganza' quilt which matched my dress rather well.

It has been so fun watching people make 'Hextravaganza' quilts. Here are a few blocks to show you some of the different fabrics being used and lots of fabulous fussy cutting.






Now for some photos of our new home.  We arrived in autumn just as the leaves were becoming golden. I spent quite a few days raking leaves, but it was a nice way to get to know the garden. 




One day I looked out the window and saw a double rainbow. 


Another day a group of cows came to say hello. 


Lots of fluffy clouds float by. 


And looking down, you'll see cute little mushrooms that are a hint that there are fairies nearby. 

Lots of leaves..
Leaves everywhere!!



The light is softer here in Victoria that the mountains. We sometimes have misty and frosty mornings. 




Wishing you happy days in all sorts of ways.