Hello, Hello! Happy New Year!! I hope it's been a lovely year for you all so far.

I'll be dancing into the New Year with these fun workshops, some of which will have me travelling to faraway places, a few closer to home in Sydney and a Zoom event where folks can attend from the comfort of their homes. As always, if you have any questions about the workshops, you can email me at  rachaeldaisy@gmail.com  .


FEBRUARY

Whatever, Where-ever Craft, Howlong (02) 6026 5489
Sat 5th/ Sun 6th -Ric Rac adventures, a choice of different Ric Rac quilts.
Here are some photos that I took the last year when I was at Whatever, Where-ever Craft.

These little cuties are the welcome committee - Daisy and Murphy say hello!




In Mid February I'll be in Canberra at Makerie, 0437 380 536
Sat 12/ Sun13th - Hextravaganza
Mon 14th/15th - Ticktey-Boo
I'm very excited to be catching up with lots of lovely Canberra Quilters again, It's been far too long!!



Now back to Sydney - We always have fun at Hobby Sew classes!!
I'll be at Hobby Sew Top Ryde on Sat 19th - teaching Groove Is In The Heart.
How perfect to be teaching "Groove Is In The Heart" in the same week as Valentine's Day.

This most wonderful version of Groove in the Heart was made by Haven ( I'm sorry I don't have Haven's surname), She obviously had a great time picking fabrics!! I absolutely love it!! It makes me want to dive into my stash to make another one.

And now for the ZOOM event !!
On Saturday 26th February 1-4pm, the Australian Quilt & Textile Collection is having an Online event at which I'll be one of the speakers talking about 2 of my quilts that have been chosen to be part of the collection, ( Yes! I'm extremely excited and honoured!!!) Internationally acclaimed quilter, Gloria Loughman will also be talking about her quilt. There will be shopping and lots of quilty fun things.
The ticket sales are used to raise money for the Australian Quilt and Textile Collection. Sign up soon, as they send out a show bag and it would be nice if it arrived to you before the event.


MARCH
I'm looking forward to a driving tours of the East Coast, with workshops at Nesting Needles, Connies of Kempsey, Stitched 'n'Framed, and the PMMQG at Country Pickin's.

19th March - Fabric Garden, 0417 068 855
Neutral Bay, Sydney - teaching the Groove Is In The Heart quilt .

Sat/Sun 26th &27th March - Back at Hobby Sew Top Ryde for a 2 Day weekend workshop.making Big Happy Daisy.
Another date to put on the calendar is - 22-24th April for The Blue Mountains Quilt Show!! - it'll be bigger and better than ever!!

I'll jump ahead to May 26-29 when AQC ( Australasian Quilt Convention) is on for the first time in Brisbane. Tickets go on sale on the 17th January so get ready to sign up for some fun workshops in the Sunshine State. Follow this link to the Booking page.

****

And now for some random photos from the past few weeks... so far 2022 has been full of days of sewing, writing, sightseeing day trips and zoom teaching ( a big shout out to all the lovely quilters who came along to my trunk shows and workshop this week!!).


Mr Daisy has ernestly followed the journey of Tesla cars from the very first model.. and finally last week he got to drive one. As a Christmas present he hired one for a couple of days so we could have some day trips and experience all the things that an electric car can do.


Everyone knows red cars go faster!!

We drove down a beautiful winding road through rainforest bush to the Megalong Valley...


to the Megalong Tea Rooms to have a cup of tea and scones with blackberry jam.

With tables set amongst trees looking out across fields to the mountains, it easily has one of our favourite cafe views!! It was so peaceful watching cows eat grass in the distance, listening to the birds. A truly special spot and one I can highly recommend to those who are in the area.

I spotted an angel feather.

And I always admire the sunny faces of Correopsis flowers. 

The next day we drove to Abercrombie House in Bathurst. A very grand house and estate that is still being used as a home but is kindly opened to let the public wander through.

Beautiful glowing artichoke flowers in the garden.


The house would a great setting for a mystery story.

There were beautiful patterns in the tiles, also in the wallpapers and curtains throughout the house. 

Mr Daisy looking out the window.


This playful wallpaper made me smile.



A dragon spotted on the stairs.

Another room with wonderful wallpaper and wonderful things.


Beautiful stained glass windows. 

Another view of Abercrombie House as we walked around the garden. 

We found a friendly lion.

The most spectacular clouds!!

Back in the sewing room I got a boost of bright colours as I made up a new round of mixed Ric Rac Bundles. 

 Pretty things.. 


Thank you always for following along, I'll be back with more before you know it. 

Ps. For those who subscribe and receive this as an email, if it arrives in your InBox at an odd time its because the company that sends them out deems it to be a good time for some strange reason, not because I'm writing blog posts in the middle of the night, I'm too busy at that time, sleeping and dreaming of quilts.