Daydreams of Flowers

The other day I found myself looking at some fabric and before I knew it I was off in a daydream...



... sailing on the gentle waves of a green tea sea, with a sky full of stormy clouds that looked like mini flowers floating across the sky.

I landed the boat on an island and started to explore. There was a sign saying " This Way". Why not? I thought and off I went. I enjoyed hiking over hills in hues of turtledove and olive gold. The grass blowing gently in the breeze reminded me of brushstrokes on an impressionist's painting.

Eventually I arrived at some beautiful gardens, with lovely flowers as far as the eye could see! 
I admired fields full of breezy, bouyant, daisy dots edged with ume flowers.

In another garden bed I spied some beautiful blooms - Stone flowers. They were growing neatly in rows with their upturned leaves waving to the skies.

Nestled behind them was a trellis covered in dense white vintage roses. You can imagine how lovely they smelt.

All the adventuring had made me hungry so I pulled out some shortbread biscuits in the shape of big round flowers. nibble nibble nibble

So delicious with a cup of rose hip tea.

I sighed with content and with a happy heart my day dream vanished

and there I sat with pretty fabrics around me, waiting for me to sew.

I hope you enjoyed my little story. It was inspired by the latest of range of fabrics from Australian designers, Umbrella Prints. called Flowers. All the words in bold are the names of the fabrics, I did include a couple of prints from past collections, they all work so well together! Umbrella Prints uses 100% Organic fabrics, almost good enough to eat, but I'll use them for sewing, I think they'll look great as a quilt... well, what did you expect? :)

Daydreams of Flowers

42 comments

  1. I found myself on the Umbrella Prints' website this afternoon - very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could be the name of your quilt... Daydreaming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful fabrics and a fun story :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post RAchael full of your storytelling....awesome that there are now organic fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you do this? The wee boat and the wee paths over the hills unfold like a children's best book. I am off to visit Umbrella Prints.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you do this? The wee boat and the wee paths over the hills unfold like a children's best book. I am off to visit Umbrella Prints.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful story!! The fabrics are lovely and your story brings them to life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love Umbrella prints, and paired with a fun story they are almost irrisistable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes beautiful story Racheal,such lovely fabrics.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your such a daydreamer..hahah ! Like Anorina said, that could be a great name for this quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun adventure through a great fabric collection. Great soft colors and really interesting prints. Reminds me of block printing or stamping.
    Thanks for the journey - the sailboat is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely prints and lovely story - I felt like I was right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok you actually had me believing you hand stamped some of that fabric with your bisuits! I was truly impressed. What a fun story and I think your creativity is wonderful. You just might need to write a children's book with your sweet fabric illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH I want to go sailing with YOU and eat BIG shortbread cookies!! What fun!
    Thanks for that wee story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your fabric daydreams! And I'd love to see Umbrella fabrics in person! Happy sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww ... really did think I would see a mini quilt at the end of this cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the way your tale evolve, can't wait to see the finished story.

    My favourite is the sailboat on the green sea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some lovely fabrics there - have fun creating with them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your stories always bring a smile and this one was flora bunda. The collection has an arts and crafts influence about it . Just right for your home. Enjoy you day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it when you weave us a story Rachael.

    Gorgeous fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I especially love the stone flowers. What a beautiful group of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea
    In a beautiful pea-green boat,
    They took some honey, and plenty of money,
    Wrapped up in a five-pound note........
    Your florist shop must be amazing because your use of props and creativity is well honed honey!!
    Loved it all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! That felt like a little mini vacation from our winter. Lovely fabrics!
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope Umbrella fabrics paid you with a humongous pile of their fabrics! Too cute! Your book coming out soon huh?

    ReplyDelete
  25. You're a great story teller. The story and your wonderful fabrics made us all wish we could just do a little day dreaming too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was sitting here shouting "yes, yes, yes" as I went along with you. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loved your sweet story! And wonderful fabrics too. Would love to see them in person. My faves are the stone flowers and the biscuit flowers! You have such a fun imagination, Rachael!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sei brava a raccontare storie!

    Bella la gamma di tessuti, colori vivaci e variegati!
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the Umbrella prints!
    And your stories always bring a smile sweet Rachael!
    Hugs, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fun and whimsical story! The hike looks dreamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fun story. And what better place to daydream than surrounded by beautiful fabrics. Thanks for taking us away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the whimsical trip through that stack of fabric! Can't wait to see what you do with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a clever post as always! Those stone flowers are such a beautiful print.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I do love your crazy imagination :o)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh Rachael! I love it! I was so glad to see you were dreaming about the lovely Umbrella Fabrics...I usually have dreams like that after a Baileys or two! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  36. You have the best daydreams Rachael! Beautiful prints.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think you have missed your calling as a story teller!
    Loved seeing the gorgeous fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a sweet "daydream" and great way to show new fabrics! My first time to see your blog, and I do plan on coming back to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Yay for another one of your lovely fabric stories! I hope you had a wonderful time playing with and sewing up those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ok...I really need a vacation...so I am going with you on a virtual flower vacation...I feel better now...Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Name

Email *

Message *