Have you been wondering what I've been getting up to??

Well... I've been sewing more of these Ferris Wheel blocks that I started at Quilt Camp in a class with Chris Jurd.



And here's the finished top!! This is definitely going to be hand quilted with perle thread. It's been far too long since I did any quilting. 

It reminds me of afternoon tea...lovely linens, darling doillies, dash of milk and a dollop of cream. There's even a cup of tea. 

I've been hand sewing too...

To balance working with all those creams and whites it's nice to get a blast of colour.

My Sis Boom hexagon project!  This is one of those long term projects that I pull out and work on for a bit until I get distracted. I love it though, maybe I just don't want it to ever finish. I've got my eye on some great fussy cutting fabrics in Jennifer's new range Happy Land which should be coming out any day now...



 It's a great project to grab and go.. I keep my blocks in this folder/book that I whipped up after seeing one my friend Lorraine had made. It has pages of batting that the blocks stick to. I prepare the hexagons and keep them pinned in a little bag with the corresponding block.

Playing with safety pins... basting my Wild Thing quilt. Simple line quilting should suit this party of chunky zebra stripes.

Here's a sneak peek of a quilt I've just finished binding. I'm saving the big reveal for The Bloggers Quilt Festival which starts on 26th October.


 While I was in the garden photographing my work Gbf proudly showed me his compost and worm farms. Worms aren't very photogenic but how about these brocolli..
 Love those big grey blue green leaves!

As you can see I've been a busy daisy!! 

I'll be giving Friendly Friday a miss this week.. We've got some lovely visitors coming to visit...


Cheerio!