A couple of weeks ago we packed up the Daisymobile,  



 and headed up the highway...

to Coffs Harbour - the town with the Big Banana!

We had a free morning so I took Mr Daisy up to Dorrigo so I could show him the beautiful place where Misty Mountains Getaway Quilt Retreat is held every year in September. 

We walked in the misty rain but it was worth it to see the majestic Dangar Falls.


We giggled over headlines in the local paper. 

Then it was onto Nesting Needles in Coramba


Where we were greeted by the lovely Lisa.

Nesting Needles is a beautiful shop filled with all sorts of gorgeous fabrics. Lisa always has just the right fabric, trim or notion for any project.

I was there for one of my colourful trunk shows.

I set up my quilts along the railing. A fun display of my quilt backs.

 Backings are a bit like the hidden characters of a quilt don't you think. 

The nice and orderly display..

 ended with quilts on tables, tossed back onto the railings and everywhere!

This is one of my most popular quilts. Happy as a Clam

Long time followers of my blog would remember when I was making this in 2013/2014. I would post stories about the different clamshells.


There is a personal story that I save for telling in person but I can say it's had a wonderful life so far.
It was the first quilt I entered into the Sydney Quilt Show in 2014 and it won a prize!! It was then accepted and travelled with the World Quilt Exhibit. I'm honoured that it has won Viewers Choice Awards and appeared in many magazines, but what makes it most special to me is that people often say its makes them happy to look at it, and that is really the best compliment of all.

From Thursday through till Sunday the workroom was a buzz of sewing machines, discussions of creativity, admiration of beautiful fabrics and happy chatter of all things.


We played with Ric Rac.

Bubble circles!!





Jeans and flowers!

Our shenanigans were supervised by Frankie the shop dog. 
He even joined in for a little while

There were puppies too, new little friends for Frankie.
And great ambassadors for the shop.
Awwww sweet puppy face..



They made us laugh and swoon with there cute antics, but they did have naps too.


In the mornings before the class, I'd wander the main street of Coramba and admire the old fashioned street scape,

 Beautiful older style buildings,
 and little details.

Like fairy lace!!

At the end of the day Mr Daisy would collect me and off we'd go for drives in the countryside


Big blue skies!

I loved the lines of this fence. 


We followed the long and winding path..

and saw a rainbow.

We also saw kangaroos. They are such sweet funny bouncy creatures.

A warm and sunny place to rest.

We'd visit a different beach each evening.

They had names like Sapphire Beach, Emerald Beach..

We watched the waves come...


...and go.

It felt wonderful to have sand beneath my toes.

We saw many wonderful things..





This is where we stayed. A little cabin nestle on the side of a hill overlooking a valley. It was so utterly peacefully with only birdsong  and sound of the wind as our soundtrack.

Time flew and it wasn't long before our time in paradise was up and it was time to head home.  

Here are some fun events coming up in my diary. I absolutely love the way the Rose City Quilters used my Bubbles Quilt for their posters for their upcoming Tote and Gloat. I'm looking forward to meeting lots of NZ quilters and being the Guest Quilter. I'll be doing a trunk show of my quilts and also doing workshops. 

I mentioned this exhibition in my last post. Flowers and textiles - such a great combination. 

And I am very excited about Pour L'Amour du Fil !! I'll have an exhibition area with all my quilts from the book and I'll be doing talks for tour companies and workshops. I'm so looking forward to meeting lots of my wonderful blog friends. 

And tonight, I'm off to a Gala Dinner at the Australasian Quilt Convention, pretty frocks and happy times, making more memories for another blog post.. 


Wishing you sunny days with fluffy puffy clouds that make you smile.