Salutations!! Wishing you all a Happy New Year!!

I'll start with happy burst of gratitude for 2018. I feel so lucky to have had an amazing year full of so many special experiences, to have met wonderful, inspiring people and been able to travel far and wide. It's really special for me to know I can add something to the world with my quilts. ( I know there's probably a better word than "something" but I couldn't think of any that were just right. I'm sure you know what I'm trying to say..)


And now a super big welcome to 2019. Wow! 2019!!
It's well and truly here, and it's shaping up to be action packed!!
I've updated my Calendar page to list my workshops, classes and exhibitions but I'll jump in and tell you about a few of the fabulous adventures in store for this year.


I'll be at AQC, the Australasian Quilt Convention, in Melbourne teaching workshops alongside lots of fabulous national and international quilters. My Whizz Bang workshops sold out in a flash but it looks as though there's room in my Organic Quilting class where we'll play and have fun with perle8 cotton and big stitches. 








Then at the end of April I'm off to France!! It's a dream come true to be a featured quilter at Pour L'amour du Fil. The International Show of the Art Of Thread. I'll have an exhibition space featuring my quilts and I'll be teaching workshops there. It will also be the launch of my book with Quiltmania. Yes, that's right, a book! That's why I've been quiet on the blog for a few months. 




But wait, that's not all!! I'll be in New Zealand in May!! I'm calling it the BIG NZ tour. I'll be starting at the Rose City Quilters Tote and Gloat in Palmerston North as their guest quilter. I'll be doing a talk/trunk show and teaching. The Tote and Gloat sounds like an event not to miss!!
 I'll also be doing trunk shows and workshops in Christchurch and then in Auckland. I'm so looking forward to visiting New Zealand and hopefully meeting some of my lovely long time NZ blog friends, and enjoying some of the spectacular scenery that the country is famous for.  


And then there are wonderful teaching trips all over Australia. My little Daisymobile is going to be clocking up the miles as I travel far and wide to places like Canberra, Waikerie, Broken Hill, Tamworth, Wyong, Dorrigo and more. 


I'm pleased to have work showing in some textile art exhibitions as well. More about them in upcoming posts..

But that's all in the future, so what's happening now?? Well, I currently have work in the Summer Exposure exhibition at Braemar Gallery in Springwood, NSW

Summer Exposure is an exhibition of works by local Blue Mountains Artists who have exhibited at Braemar Art Gallery or are connected to the gallery in some way. It's a great exhibition for the variety of works in different mediums. 

Here are a few of my favourites...

Beautiful painting by Susan Ruming. 

Knitted Web Sculptures by Textile artist/ knitter extraudinaire Jude Skeers. 

Glass Cactuses by Luba Bosch.

Beautiful textile work by Petal Davies.


And there hanging between the windows in the 2nd room is my "Waratahs for Jenny", an eye-catching glow of reds. 


I must admit I ummed and ahhed about sharing photos as I don't feel they do the piece justice. 
Red is a hard colour to photograph properly and the sheen of the taffeta, silks and organza reflect the light in different ways. I'm hoping you get a sense of the work from some of the detail photos. 






Some of you may recognise the circles from the work I did with Romance Was Born in collaboration with Jenny Kee, for their 2018 Paris Haute Couture collection. The Waratah Plantation Coat was made with the red pine burr circles representing Jenny's favourite flowers, the Waratah.


I am over the moon that the Waratah Coat was 1 of 4 outfits from the Paris show to be acquired by the Powerhouse Museum along with samples of the folded fabric circles that I made in different colours and fabrics, my form of sketches. Someone described the coat/dress as being there, in Australia's largest collection of fashion, for future generations to see. That's really quite an amazing thought.

It's also be fun seeing the Waratah dress pop up here and there, out of the blue, a flash a vibrant red.

Even as Christmas Cards!!

I'll finish with some photos from recent times.. local walks and quiet moments.














I still have lots of stories and photos to share from 2018 so I may jump back in time in my future posts. One thing's for sure, there's never a dull moment in Daisyland!