Presenting the newly finished Super Star quilt! 
Ta Da...!

I made this quilt as part of Tonya Ricucci's Unruly Liberated Amish Challenge.
 This was the quilt I used as my inspiration.

And this is what I made. It's probably a bit more Gees Bend than Amish but that's fine with me. I love the way this quilt turned out. I did wonder about adding borders of some sort but in the end I felt it didn't need it.



I had lots of fun hand quilting big freehand wonky stitches in bright colours. 

The quilt is all lines and triangles, I had to add just one little circle.



The backing was up from a stack of fabrics that I didn't really like, I'd put them aside to get rid of them but then I was hunting around for backing when I saw them sitting there and I thought "why not?". They would have to be the oddest combo ever but miraculously I love them together on the back of this quilt, I really do!!




 Thanks to Tonya and the Unruly quilters for having this fun challenge! Check out the UnRuly Quilting blog for more wonky, liberated fun.


PS. The photos were taken at Hargraves Lookout, The Blue Mountains, Australia, over looking the Megalong Valley. What a view!!