My latest parcel delivered by the post fairies was full of vintage gorgeousness. An array fabrics from the 50s and 60s.


My heart raced when I saw the listing on Etsy for a "Vintage Lot of Fabric Remnants". Even though the description included photos there were still lots of wonderful surprises as I went through the box. The pieces are mostly 8 x 11 inches with a few longer strips and two larger squares.

This 22inch carriage and horses panel had my mind galloping with ideas for a medallion quilt.


It's a mixed bag of fabric types: different weights of bark cloth, lightweight cotton and light upholstery fabrics.


They must have been samples as most of the fabrics have identification stickers on the back and are represented in various colours.



Did you know that "Shrunketized" was a word?


This is such a pretty fabric. I particularly like the grey colourway and I like the way the tree looks like it's dancing.

Some of the designs are quite unusual..

Some are quite pretty.


I wasn't the only one to buy themselves a present this week. GBF came home with an Ipad. He uses it for work and it's great for the train but I was a bit ambivalent about it. That is, until I had the brilliant idea ...of using it for electronic fabric samples!


I've been trying to decide on border fabric for my Mariners Compass quilt and had narrowed it down to a couple of choices. Being able to hold a relatively large sample up to the quilt really helped. The first of the two finalists are this blue fabric which I really love. It's from Liberty's Marylebone range coloured by Kaffe Fasset.

The other choice is this purple/tan botanical print by Philip Jacobs whose work I'm always attracted to. At the moment I'm leaning more towards the purple to balance out the dahlia fabric.


Hmm, maybe I should just use more dahlia fabric?

The batteries in my camera were flat when I went to take these photos but GBF jumped in with his camera and took lots of photos for me. I'll leave you with a few of his beautiful arty shots.



Cheerio