Here we are at Part 3 of my visit to the Craft and Quilt Fair!! My fabric purchases!!


Before I share my fabric goodies I just want to share 1 more quilt. It was one of my very favourites! Jemima's Purple Patch by Pamela Westmacott.

Made for her granddaughter who loves purple and "those spikey things Granny sews". How cute is that!! Not only are the pattern and fabric choices wonderful but I really love the quilting Pam has done. And check out the skinny yellow border! No wonder this won 1st prize for Small/Wall Quilt in the amateur division. Congratulations Pam!!

Okay fabric time!! It's nice timing too because it was this time last week that Mandy and I were heading home on the train looking at what we'd bought. Here I am doing the same but with all of you!!
This is where you see what broad taste I have when it comes to fabric. If I'm not shopping for a particular colour or pattern my buying is influenced by unusual things that I may not find again. Also by the wonderful bargains that some of the stalls had.

These fun vegetable fat quarters are, I think, by Hoodie for Blank Quilting. Neither of who I've heard of. Apparently this is a new range so no doubt you'll start seeing them everywhere. I was wondering what to make for dinner the other night. I wandered into my sewing room, saw these and thought " Of course- Ratatouille !". And delicious it was too!!
Mandy and I found some Prints Charming packs at the Kelani Fabrics stand. They're all one off packs. After searching through every bag I settled on this combination. I love that they're different fabrics, denim, linen, drill, corduroy. The plan is to make a skirt...

This little collection of goodies was from the bits and pieces basket at Kelani. It was like a lucky dip of fabric yuminess.

You can see why I bought this pretty panel fabric.

From French reproduction to Japanese theatre novelty, topped with a retro charity pincushion.
The flip side of my pincushion and pretty Japanese novelty fabrics in lavenders and blues.
The next 2 fat quarters surprised even me. The logical part of my brain says these are murky green and really dark and not the sort of bright fun fabric I usually go for. But something made me buy them. They're a little bit quirky and I like the painted/ printing look of them. Who knows... they'll be the perfect thing for something, some day.
Here's some gorgeous brights!! Reproduction lovelies!! I'm particularly enamoured with the yellow fabric. it makes me want to sew a purple and yellow quilt...
...Using some of these big bold purple dots from Saffron Craig's latest range Imaginary Flowers. The pink dandelions are from one of older ranges. I've always loved them, such a perfect shade of pink and dandelions take me back to childhood summers, blowing the little seeds into the wind.
Last but not least, are these gorgeous bits and pieces given to me by Terry. Bits of fabric are just the most wonderful gift to give a quilter!! She gave me bicycles because she noticed I collect bicycle fabric and of course I can never have too many daisies! Thank you Terry, I was so touched by your thoughtful package!!

I better get busy with my sewing so I can start using some of these before the next show!!

Cheerio.