This is the second post about my fabulous day at Sydney's Craft and Quilt Fair,
Here we go, the part you've been waiting for- The Quilts... This is just a small sample of what was on show, the ones that caught my eye. Enjoy!

Corporate Chaos by Robyn Shipton used shirts, ties and pants to create this quilt !!
I love that she left the pockets and buttons intact.

Desert Flower Revisited by Verna Horwood, based on a quilt from 1936.
This is such a pretty way to use hexagons.

Mirage by Margaret Mc Donald features Jane Sassaman's fabrics.
and enhanced with amazing quilting by Susan Campbell.

I kept coming back to this quilt. Not my usual colours but Ashbourne Mill by Katrina Hadjimichael was just stunning.

I've shown this quilt on my blog before when I saw it at the Hunter's Hill Quilt Show. It was wonderful to see it again, I think it's just incredible! Shot Waves by Kathie De Palo.

Isn't it electric!!

More diamonds. I love the way the stripes keep your eyes moving. You could get lost in this quilt for quite a while! Marquee Diamonds is by Kathy Doughty of Material Obsession.
Cosy, perfect hand stitching.
Kathy's other quilt Soul Searching jumped out at me too. I love the way it shimmers.
Lovely colour play with lots of fabric, yum!!
While we're on a Material Obsession theme, here are two quilts hanging at their stand. Both so different, Both fabulous. Wonderful use of colour!!
I love the name of the next quilt Googly Eyes by Catherine Butterworth.
Awesome fabrics!!Look at that amazing border and fussy cut star!!

Freedom by Helen Godden won prizes in the Art Quilt and Best Use of Colour categories
Incredible details.

Morocco Magic by Wendy Scott was mind boggling. There's 880 pieces making up this design.
This quilt makes me want to make log cabins! Ladies Love Poppies by Diane Tramontana.

Red, Green Again by Shirley Gibson. The longer you look at this quilt the more you see.
Last but not least, Indigo Daisies by Lynn Hewitt. You can't tell from the photo but this quilt was huge!! Love the hexagon flowers, and of course I like blue daisies!

Jemima's Purple Patch by Pamela Westmacott was one of my very favourites!!
It so deserved the Wall/Small Quilt award it won. Beautiful design and gorgeous fabric choices! Super crisp foundation piecing and that thin yellow border!! Stunning!!



Inspired? Impressed? I know I was.

Cheerio.