The first thing I saw as I pulled into the driveway at Material Obsession last Friday was Kathy Doughty's Marquee Diamonds quilt. The sun was making it glow while a breeze was making it dance.

There are always welcoming quilts lining the way to the entrance. The quilts are different every time I visit.  I always stop for a moment or two to admire the beautiful work.

Inside the shop this rolled up felt looked like fabric fire!! What a great way to light up a corner.

I'm trying to think of the right word to describe this wall of Kaffe Collective fabrics.. I think I'll  make up a new word, how about... Scrumptuliscious!!

On to our Whizz Bang! class. The class begins with morning tea while I talk about the technique of the day. 



There was lots of show and tell of beautiful blocks. These are made by different people but they all look so good together.




Sewing fun! 

 Here are some of the wonderful pieces made during the class. 

This block has such a lovely spring time look to it. 

We all love this mermaid block so much!!



After the class I had the pleasure of chatting to Kathy as she prepared kits.

A simple thing like cutting fabric can be wonderful to watch.

Seeing Kathy pick and choose and admire each pattern of the fabric as she unrolled the bolts.

As I watched I realised the lucky people who receive these kits aren't just buying fabric, they'll be getting care, thought, passion, enthusiasm and all sorts of other magic in their bundles. (I know that might sound a bit strange but compare it to food that is cooked with love.. I really believe you can taste a difference.)

 As for fabric love - this tiger leaped out of the shelves at me. It reminds me of the William Blake poem 'Tyger Tyger burning bright. In the Forests of the night'. I figure if a fabric makes you think of poetry you know you should get some.
 No doubt I'll be a happy monkey when I'm sewing with it.

A piece of this fabric came home with me as well. I seem to be attracted to dark background fabrics at the moment. I like the way colour pops against the midnight colours.


I had a special surprise waiting for me when I got home on Friday. A gorgeous babushka needle book made by my friend Janice and the gorgeous charm pin made by her sister Chris. It's hard to see in this photo but the charms are a thimble, a tiny quilt and a tape measure. Janice obviously knows orange is my favourite colour. These were such special and thoughtful gifts. I know I say it all the time but quilters are the loveliest people!! Thank you Janice and Chris!


I haven't forgotten about the giveaway - Congratulations to Wendy of The Constant Quilter who won a copy of Quilters Companion magazine. The funniest thing happened when I went to email her to let her know she was the winner I saw I had an email from her. She was telling me I'd won a giveaway on her blog!! What are the chances of that happening? Just amazing!! 

I want to send out a special Thank You to everyone who entered the giveaway and for your wonderful comments. I do appreciate each and every comment. 
Knowing that people read my blog encourages me to keep writing my whimsical thoughts and reporting my sewing adventures. 


I was out and about today and saw this floral installation with cotton flowers. I've only seen these fluffy blooms a few times in my life so its always special when I do. It's fun to remember that it's these flowers that make the cotton we make quilts with.

Wishing you a week full of flowers and fabric love.