Far out brussell sprout!!! The show is over now and I feel as though there's so much to say but where do I begin? I know you want to see more photos of the quilts but first I really want to thank some of the people who have made this past week the best week of my life.  It's not just the honour of winning such a prestigious award but all the wonderful people I've met.

All of the Quilt NSW team were Amazing!! A show with 400 quilts is a huge undertaking but they were so organised in a friendly and efficient way. They really looked after me when all of a sudden I found myself in the spotlight, and treated me like royalty throughout the show.

I'd like to thank the judges Jane Gibson, Linda Butcher and Julie Haddrick. I couldn't do their job. I would have to give every quilt a prize.

A special highlight of the show for me was meeting Merelyn Pearce and seeing her quilts in real life. Merelyn is so lovely and her quilts are mind bogglingly amazing. If you don't know her work Google her name and you'll see images of her quilts.


And now the awesome sponsors - 

First up Bernina. They are huge supporters of the quilt show.  Yay for Bernina!!!

Greg Alexander, the managing director of Bernina Australia was the one to hand over my winning ribbons. I thought I was going to faint and he held me up. What a great guy! He has a true interest in quilting, quilters and the quilting community. His enthusiasm is contagious. I can't wait to get to know my new super machine, the 720QE and learn everything it's capable of. 


As part of my prize Bernina are also flying me to AQC in 2017. Every year I say I'm going to go but I always seem to be busy around that time and don't get there. No more excuses, next year I'll be there with bells on! (Hey Melbourne bloggers - maybe we should try to arrange a meet up?). I get to attend the Gala Dinner where the Best of Australia will be chosen from the state winners. I've heard the NSW ladies really know how to party!

Here's Bree and Karen (who also owns a shop called Sew Can I) at the Bernina stand. A fun sewing machine play ground!


Jenelle Kent of Pieces to Treasure was the main sponsor for the Mixed Techniques/Anything Goes Category.

 So many treasures!!! I've heard lots of wonderful things about the Pieces to Treasure shop in MacMasters Beach. I'm looking forward to seeing it myself one day.


Another prize I received was an amazing craft bag from Yazzii. It has a thousand pockets that will have my sewing sundries organised in no time. I'll do a proper show and tell once I've filled it.
They have bags of all sizes and for everything you could want to organise. I love that they are bright colours, not just the usual black.

I also love the assorted Indian ribbon and braids that Yazzii sell. More yummy colour!

In fact there's an square Indian embroidered patch inside the star on the Whizz Bang! quilt that I bought from Yazzii at last years show.


Vlieseline sponsored a huge bag of their products. All sorts of fabulous goodies that will no doubt inspire some me to make some wonderful creations.


I didn't do a lot of shopping but I couldn't walk past this stall without being drawn in.  Cash Palace Emporium, was full clothes and textiles with sumptuous colour, textures and patterns. I so enjoyed rummaging through and unearthing beautiful fabrics. I could have spent the day talking to these lovely ladies about textiles and India.
Upon finding out that I'd won Best in Show Elaine generously gave me this most beautiful roll of hand embroidered silk border. Thank you Elaine!! If you're in Sydney you can visit their shop in Leichhardt for not only fabrics but beautiful exotic clothing too.
All  those beautiful hand stitches and the colours - exquisite!

I always stop by the Quiltmania stand and admire all their beautiful quilts and gorgeous books. I think it's wonderful they fly out from France to be at the Sydney Quilt Show.

Talking of Quiltmania - you know how much I look forward to reading Simply Moderne, the latest edition is out and about on newsstands. Now the show is over I had a quiet day yesterday reading it from cover to cover with a whole pot of cinnamon tea, a perfect way to relax after busy days.
You think I'd be sick of quilts after looking at them all week - Ha! Never!!!

Last but not least a big Thank You to all the wonderful people who stopped by to lovely things about both of my quilts or left messages on my blog and emailed me. Your kind words mean a lot to me and encourage me to keep of creating my colourful quilts.

More about Whizz Bang! in the next post.. stay tuned. :)

In the meantime you can visit the QuiltNSW website to see the gallery of winners.