Last Saturday I had a lovely visit from a blog friend, Terry of Terry's New Thread. I kicked myself afterwards because I forgot to take photos. I could have taken photos of Terry and her beautiful hand stitched patchwork she's working on, fussy cut hexagons and stars. But what I can share photos of is the beautiful sewing pouch she made me.

I just love the big blue Jane Sassaman sunflower on the front. I've told Gbf (the garden is his domain) I'd like a patch of sunflowers planted in front of my sewing room window. I wish I could have blue ones just like this!

Terry found lots of daisy fabrics in her scraps. Some pieces were only as big as the pieces used.

This handy wallet is perfect for my hexagons. I'll keep it well stocked in my handbag so I can pull it out whenever the moment is right. The scissor pocket is so precious, it looks like a little bunch of flowers. Thank you Terry!!



I was so honoured last week when I saw that Jo from Bearpaw blog was inspired to make a similar doll quilt to one I had made earlier in the year. I know she doesn't mind if I share the mosaic she made of them of them side by side. I'm loving all those spots and dots. Hey, does anyone know if there is a difference between a spot and a dot? I've always wondered... Anyway you can read more about Jo's quilt here on her blog.

I gave my little star quilt away in the last Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day, which just so happens to be coming up again on the 12/12. That's next Monday! Here's a sneak peek of my offering...

Have you got a giveaway planned for the big day? It's lots of fun!! Here's the link to find out more.