The Springwood Community Quilt Show is one of the highlights of my year. Over 150 wonderful, stunning, inspiring quilts! And it's in my neighbourhood!

The committee did an amazing job of keeping everything running smoothly. I volunteered on Saturday morning, selling tickets and white gloving. It's such a nice way of meeting people and hearing positive reactions about the show.

It is a non judged show but visitors are able to choose a favourite and the 3 most popular win a prize. To see the winners go the the Springwood Show blog.

I entered 4 quilts this year. They're all quilts that I never thought I'd show, but I'm glad I did because it's such a buzz to see them hanging. I received so many lovely comments about how bright and fun they were so it didn't matter that they weren't super technical show stoppers.
The quilts I was planning for the show have been bit neglected as other things come up, but that's life. Fingers crossed they'll be finished by next year, I'm working on it!

First up is Scooting Stars featuring the Sherbet Pips range. You can't tell from the photo but some of the fabrics have cute little people on scooters, hence the quilt's title.
Next is Stash Mish Mash. I made this quilt as part of the online magazine Fat Quarterly's 2010 Quiltalong. The pattern was designed to use jelly rolls but I cut 2.5 inch strips from fabrics in my stash instead. 2 lovely people chose this quilt as their 'Viewers Choice'- thank you!! And I saw someone taking a photo of it which made me really happy.

All You Need is Love is actually the backing of a quilt I made for Gbf. I thought it would be fun for any Beatles fans that attended the show. I heard a few husband's loved it.


I wasn't able to help with the hanging of the quilts this year so it was such a surprise and honour to enter the hall and see one of my quilts hanging up on the wall. The quilts hung there look so impressive. Strawberries on Ice was one of my very first quilts.
I wish I'd taken lots more photos of the quilts, but I got caught up chatting and forgot. I did manage to get a few.

This is the Deauville Quilt, by Lorraine Titcume using a Chris Jurd pattern.
A Chris Jurd stunner called Jacobean Star. I'm so in love with this quilt, it's on my to do list!!
And here is Chris's Ancient Dahlia Quilt, this quilt is simply magic!!

A new thing this year is the collectors Quilt Show bag. The school house is the perfect logo as the show raises money for the Springwood High School Textile and Hospitality departments and the P&C for spending within the School. Some funds are also donated to a designated charity, this year being the Rural Fire Service.
Armed with my special bag it seemed only sensible to get something to put into it. Some fat quarters for my stash, of course!! The brown with blue spots was Gbfs choice. He was adamant I get it. I love that he takes an interest, and it works well with the fabrics I chose.
Talking of Gbf's choices, I told him he could choose which of the 4 quilts to have on the bed after the show. Have a guess which he chose.

Ps I've had some lovely comments recently that I haven't been able to reply to because the addresses come up as "No Reply". Read here for more info.

Cheerio