The quilt officially known as Stash Mish Mash is now finished!! Unofficially I'll probably always refer to it as my Fat Quarterly Quilt Along Quilt.

For the binding I chose Amy Butler's Full Moon Polka dots in Tangerine. This is one of those iconic fabrics along with greats like American Jane's Pez and Sis Boom's Nuala Toile. (Sometimes GBF calls me the Nuala Koala because I love that fabric so much!)

I'm really happy with the result.

The backing also has a citrus feel. I pulled out a few lime fabrics followed by some bright splashes. All out of my cupboard.
Isn't it the nicest feeling sleeping under a freshly made quilt? I just know we're going such to have bright colourful dreams sleeping under this. I'll probably be dreaming of my next project...
... which is one that I started at Chris and Anne's Quilt Camp. It's not as colourful but French General's Lumiere De Noel range is a dream to work with.
I'm a huge fan of toiles so it was impossible to resist this red one. Choosing the dancing couple for the center gives this quilt a romantic feel, don't you think?

These half Dresden Plates will be used in the border. The center (excluding the dancers) and these were all made using just 1 Layer Cake! It was the first time I'd used a Layer Cake and I was amazed at how far the fabric goes. Such a great way of playing with a whole range.
From colourful and bright to dreamy, from modern squares to more traditional rounds. Isn't quilting simply the best!!
Ps. I had such a fun day with all my wonderful quilty buddies at Chris Jurd's class at The Vintage Patch in Springwood. If quilting is the best then quilting buddies are the cherries on top!!

Cheerio.