Gosh, Has it really been so long since I did a blog post?!? The days just fly by don't they. Oh well I'm here now with some fun news and lots of photos. In fact it's a bit like three posts in one.


You all know by now how much I love Simply Moderne magazine,

and it's big sister Quiltmania.

Well, I'm rather embarrassed to say I had forgotten to update my subscriptions. It was on my list of things to do but the days flew by and before I knew it I noticed the new editions were out and about. I quickly jumped online and in no time my subscriptions were renewed. Phew! It meant I waited a little longer to get them but they've now arrived. Yay!

The funny part is that it just so happened that these two copies of the magazines both had pictures of me and my quilts in them as part of a wonderful overview of the Sydney Quilt Show.

The two magazines show different quilts from the show. Simply Moderne showing more modern quilts, and Quiltmania leans towards traditional but one that is in both magazines is  the 2016 Springwood Community Quilt Show raffle quilt that won first place in the group category at the show. 


In case you're wondering which block I made - it's the one in the one in the bottom left hand corner.

So the moral of the story is don't forget to keep your favourite magazine subscriptions up to date because you never know what wonderful things you won't want to miss out on.


The biggest Thank You to Quiltmania and Simply Moderne not only for the photos and very, very, very special things you wrote about me and my quilts but also for the wonderful overview of the Sydney Quilt Show. You've captured what a wonderful show it is with it's wide variety of amazing, colourful quilts. Thank you for sharing our Aussie quilts with the world.

***

Talking of sharing quilts, last Sunday Mr Daisy and I zoomed down out of the mountains to spend the day at the Illawarra Quilters quilt show. 

The Illawarra Quilters hold their show every two years and from the amount of beautiful and amazing quilts in the show these quilters stay busy with their needles and fabric.  

I really seem to be out of practise at taking photos when I'm out and about these days. I could kick myself, the group had made two raffle quilts but I only got a photo of one of the quilts. A beautiful big hexagon quilt. Did I say big? Make that huge!! It was a beautiful wave of colours and fabrics. I thought it was such a great idea for a group quilt. Any of the quilters I mentioned it to said they had such a fun time making it. I know whoever is lucky enough to win it will love it too. 

My Whizz Bang! quilt was on display to promote the workshop I'll be teaching next year in September. I'm making a new exciting version of this quilt especially for teaching. It's a 2 day workshop and I know it will be lots of fun!

But that's not all, when Roslyn and Joanne came to pick up Whizz Bang! they found some other quilts for classes. 

Ric Rac Razzamatazz with it's ric rac edged melon shapes and colourful yoyos will be a 1 day workshop held in May next year. That's Joanne in pink, I didn't get the name of the lovely lady in yellow but I loved the way they matched the colours in Ric Rac Razzamatazz. 

Gypsy Carnival is a fun way to play with prairie points! It's a great quilt for showing off a favourite big scale fabric. I think this would be fun made in Christmas colours or with big fussy cut flowers in the circle centers. This one day workshop is held in June. 

I'm not sure if there are any spaces left but if you are interested in any of these classes email illawarraquilters@gmail.com. I'm sure we could always fit in another person or two. I'd love to see you there. 

Here I am with Roslyn. She is such a burst of sunshine, one of those people you can't help but be happy around.

To see lots of photos of quilts from the show hop over to the Illawarra Quilters facebook page here.


***

On the home front here are a few random photos I've taken over the past few weeks.

It really seemed as those this regal Kookaburra posed for this portrait.

A peek of a quilt that is now finished, I just need to take photos.

A beautiful Sydney Rock Orchid flowering in my garden. 

Mr and Mrs Happy say "Have a happy day!!"
And I say "Have a fun week everyone."