I'm the Featured Blogger in the current edition of Down Under Quilts. 

How cool is that? It's a 3 page spread with answers to all sorts of questions about blogging, surrounded by photos of my quilts. 
I'm really pleased about the focus on my blogging because I do make an effort to make my blog a friendly place to visit, with nice photos, and things to make you smile, and a bit of inspiration here and there. 
Watch out for the magazine in newsagents. The edition is all about Christmas and there are a variety of holiday projects. As a bonus it also comes with a handy 6 inch square ruler. 
A big hello and welcome to anyone who has found their way here after reading the article. 



I always say one of the best things about blogging is the friends you make. Kelly from Pinkadot Quilts is one of my oldest blogging friends. We found each other about 4 years ago and we've followed each others sewing adventures since then. She surprised me recently with this package of goodies. 

I know your eyes went straight to the chocolate bar, but check out the contents of the cute pouch. It's a Hexagon Sewing Kit, complete with pretty hexagon papers, cute scissors, and a pink hexie flower to start me off.

I'm not sure if it was intentional but I like the way the center of the hexie flower has the word "celebrate". What better way to celebrate such a fun gift than to make more hexagon flowers. 

I haven't had much time for sewing recently. My main endeavour has been painting my sewing room. The room has had 3 coats of white paint now and is a lot brighter and lighter than the 'Before' photo I showed a few posts ago. It's like a blank canvas waiting for lots of colour to be added. I can hardly wait for the weekend when I can start moving my furniture and fabric in. Hopefully it wont be too long until I'm properly settled in and ready for sewing. 

I always like to end with some colour so here are some yarn-bombed bicycle racks I saw on my way to work. 

Colourful woolly stripes dotted dotted with flowers.

And there's even a bee!

Seeing things like this just makes my day!! 

I hope it's added some colour to yours.