Why is it that when you want to go outside to take photos of a newly finished quilt, the weather turns? I kept hoping for even a few minutes of clear skies but alas it's been grey and wet all day...

I really can't complain, the garden has it's own beauty at this time of year. My shoes got soaked but I had a fun frolic around our yard. Everything was glistening with rain drops. Colours really popped against the grey skies and the verdant greens.

Beautiful, full, luscious camelias are like winter peonies

A few fallen petals look like hearts in the grass. A pretty spot for rain to land.

Some trees are almost more beautiful without their leaves. The crooked branches and furry buds of our magnolia have so much character...

while it's leaves are a rich brown background to some happy green dandelions.

Oranges! We have 3 mysterious citris trees in our yard. This is our first winter here so it's been fun seeing what sort of fruit they would bare. We were hoping for a variety - lime, grapefruit, lemonade, cumquat... but now we think they're all oranges. But that's okay, we like oranges. In fact it's one of my favourite colours...
as you can see in my new quilt!!
The weather forecast is for sun on the weekend, I'll take lots of quilty photos then!

Cheerio