Here we are in April!! The leaves are just starting to get their autumnal colour, the nights are cooling and we're enjoying lovely gentle sunny days.

And April is shaping up to be an action packed month for me..

First up. I am honoured to have been invited to participate in an exhibition called Textiles Out Of Context. The show features innovative works by 20 textiles artists of the Blue Mountains, with weaving, spinning, knitting, costume design textile art, felt work, embroidery, quilting (that's me!!) and more.

The exhibition is on now at Braemar House and Gallery, 104 Macquarie Rd. Springwood, Blue Mountains until 30th April. The Gallery is open from 10-4pm Thursday - Sunday. Entry by gold coin donation

The official opening is tomorrow night ( Saturday 8th April) at 5.30pm - 7pm. and every one is welcome so if you're in the neighbourhood come along. There will be drinks and nibbles and amazing art. 
I'm not going to show my work until after the exhibition closes because I don't want to spoil the impact for those who go to the show, but I can show you a peek that has been used for promotion.



And here's a photo I took when I was making it. Rachaeldaisy Barbie couldn't help getting in on the action.


Now to a different city, well cities in fact!! Whizz Bang! has left to go on tour. First stop is Melbourne to hang at the Australian Quilt Convention and after that it travels to the big craft shows in each state as part of the Bernina Best of Australia exhibit. 

I don't think I ever showed the backing of Whizz Bang on my blog so here it it. Very scrappy and happy and some of my most favourite fabrics. It's made me curious about the other entrants backings. I wonder if any have colourful pieced backs? 

For me pieced backs honour the tradition of making do for patchwork and quilting. I think of all of those vintage pieced utilitarian quilts.

It won't be long until I get to see Whizz Bang! again because for once I'll be travelling to see one of my travelling quilts on show!


 Looks who's a Special Guest of AQC !!!



I'll be at by quilt every day of AQC at the Best of Australia exhibit between 11and 1pm so please come and say hello. I'm so looking forward to meeting lots of my blog friends and meeting new ones!!
I've never been to AQC so am making the most of being there. We're going to the opening cocktail party, have tickets for the Luke Haynes lecture and I have the most colourful dress ever made to wear to the Gala Dinner.
Years ago when I was a florist in Melbourne I would work on big displays for the Flower and Garden Show held at the beautiful heritage Exhibition Building so it's will be wonderful to visit again and see it full of amazing and beautiful quilts. I wonder if there's still a dent in the pillar where I knocked it with a big trolley of flowers.. oops.

Talking of florist days, I've been going through old photos and picked out a couple to show you.

It might be hard to see because the photo was taken through a window. I made a giant spider using moss for the body and pandanus leaves for the legs. It's sitting on a spider web of branches with big vine cocoons in the background.


Flowers of a different type - Zucchini flowers from the garden stuffed with feta.

And a lovely leafy smile. 
I hope you've got fun things planned for April too!!