Oh my golly - it's happened again!!!
My quilt Fair and Square won First Place in the modern traditional category at the Australian Modern Quilt Show.
And when they announced Best In Show it was My name they called.
Here I am in front if the award winning quilt. It's another one of my giant yoyo quilts. You can call me a crazy yoyo lady if you like :)
This is just a quick post. I'm still catching my breath after a busy weekend. I'll be back with more photos soon but in the meantime I'd like to send out some thankyous to:
- The Sydney Modern Quilt Guild for putting on an amazing show.
- The volunteers who helped.
- The judges, Anna Maria Horner, Carolyn Friedlander and Lisa Cahill.
- Anna Maria Horner and Carolyn Friedlander for coming to Australia, teaching workshops and spending time at the show. They both added such a special magic to the weekend.
- Thank you to all of the sponsors for supporting the show
- especially Bernina Australia who supplied the Best in Show prize of a fabulous sewing machine.
- and Material Obsession for their super duper pack of fabric and awesome sewing goodies that was the prize for First Place in Modern Traditional.
- All my friends, family and lovely people who have congratulated me and complimented my quilt.
- Last but not least Mr Daisy who is my biggest fan.