Rachaeldaisy

I recently finished a quilt that wasn't made by just me.

I've been slow to show photos of it because I haven't been quite sure how to fit in all the photos and story into one post. Yes, I know my posts are getting longer and longer but that would be crazy. Many wonderful people contributed to the quilt and each block deserves to be highlighted so I've decided to spread them out over a few posts.

The quilt began way back in 2012 when LeeAnn of Nifty Quilts asked her blog friends to do a vintage fabric swap. I was happy to share some fabric and in return instead of sending me fabric I asked her to make me a house block. Here's the blog post about the first block- Nifty House.

It arrived and I loved it but it looked as though it needed friends so I asked if anyone else would like to make a house block to add to the neighbourhood. They soon started to arrive from all around the world.
There were no rules, no size, fabric, style or colour restrictions. It was wonderful to see the variety of different houses that reflected different personalities.

It was such a long time ago that newer followers won't have read the Friendly Friday posts that showcased the makers of the blocks. Each week I would interview the quilters and show some of their work, a fun way to record who made each house.  I'll link to these posts so you can find out more about each person if you like.

Okay enough talk - let's start wandering around the neighbourhood.

Here's the house where it all began - LeeAnn from Nifty Quilts made a house that is soo Her! It features plaid walls, birds on the roof and a garden full of daisies.
LeeAnn of Nifty Quilts

I quilted circles in the sky for no particular reason except I thought they were fun.

Barb of Fun with Barb blog made a block that is so Her too. Look at the super fun sky, there's New York in the distance, a bird in the window and another daisy garden. 
Barb - Fun with Barb

Heidi from Germany put a sunny bird on the roof. I love the way her house looks as though its dancing. The sky full of dragonflies represents the name of her blog, Libellenquilts.
Heidi of Libellenquilts

I did seed stitching amongst the dragon flies because I thought it looked like their wings beating.

Suz from PatchworknPlay put sweet little fairies in each window. It's always lovely to know there are fairies around.
Susan of PatchworknPlay

Terry from Terry's New Thread made a house full of friends.

Terry and I met after she saw a quilt of mine hanging at the Springwood Quilt Show. She made a house using a yellow rectangle as a reminder of the quilt that brought us together.
I really need to get a better photo of this quilt, but you can see that yellow rectangle border.
All you need is love - Rachaeldaisy 2009

To finish off this post here are a couple of my little houses. Mr Daisy calls them cubby houses because they're just little houses in peoples backyards. I've used them to fill in the spaces that help the blocks fit together.
Rachaeldaisy

Rachaeldaisy

I'll be back with more soon, in the meantime here are lots of links to find out more about each of these wonderful house makers.


Lots of links

LeeAnn's blog - Nifty Quilts 

Barb's blog - Fun With Barb

Heidi's blog - Libellenquilts

Suz's blog PatchworknPlay 

Terry's blog Terry's New Thread