Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween Fun!!


I had a plan for a cute Halloween post but when I happened to read this one I made a few years ago it made me laugh so much. I thought I'd dust off the cobwebs and zombie slime and share it again. Hopefully it'll make you laugh too. 



How to have some Halloween fun with a pair of scissors, some simple leaves... 

...and a pumpkin. 

No, I'm not making a carriage for Cinderella.


I'm making ...

scary, creepy, spooky and very kooky

JACK- O- LEAFYS!! 

There's no need for carving tools, and there's no pumpkin guts mess to clean up.. 
Just grab some leaves, trim them with scissors and stick them onto the pumpkin with glue, or do as I did and use BluTak. Its so easy to stick on and peel off to make changes.

I love how simple shapes can create features and bring new characters to life.
Here's Mr Big Mouth with his glowing eyes.

Have you ever noticed there are more Jack O's but never any Jills ? I thought I'd try a lovely lady with pretty eyelashes and big kissy lips. 

She got a fright when she met the next scary character

Old Grumpy Green Eyes! Eeek!!

 Jack-o-Kitty looked so serious so I told him a joke..

Q:When is a pumpkin not a pumpkin?
A: When you drop it, then it's a squash

That made him smile.

And then I made more smiley Jacks. 


I think this guy is my favourite. It's the Green Haired Zombie Jack-O-Leafy,  He's growling at you...

"HAve A HaPpyyy HaLLooOOOwEen oR i'LL eAT youR BrAins" 

20 comments:

Summer said...

These are so cute ♥

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lol Rachael...love this post! And how clever to think of leaves instead of carving!

Melody said...

So glad I read this post, it brought a big smile to my face.

Patsy Cash said...

Thanks for the good laugh!

I am said...

Lol what a great idea my friend,very clever,happy Halloween Rachael xx

Diane said...

Thanks for sharing these cute creations, I hadn't seen this post before! Your creativity really has no limits! Happy Halloween!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

So cute! And you can eat the pumpkins in the end!

Nifty Quilts said...

Hahahahahaha!! So fun. Thanks! Happy Halloween to you too!

CecileD said...

Ahahahah ! I love your Jack-o-leaves especially Jack the Kitty !
Happy Halloween Rachael !

Rachaeldaisy said...

Hi Summer and Patsy, You are no-reply commenters but I wanted to say - Thank you so much your comments. I'm so pleased the funny JackOLeafy's made gave you a Halloween laugh. :)

Terry said...

Happy Halloween for yesterday. We had 8 trick or treaters. Your pumpkins are lots of fun.
Blogger says it your Birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!

Kyle said...

Hope you, Mr. Daisy, Jack-o-leaf enjoyed a Happy Halloween.

O'Quilts said...

One more very happy from that blue mountain down under...xxoo

Lynne Shandley said...

LOL, you do such fun stuff :-)

Barb said...

Ha ha I'm so glad you replayed this one - it is so so fun!
Happy Birthday too!!!

Karen S said...

I am glad you shared this one again. Lots of fun!

Janice said...

I remember this from last time. It was worth sharing again. Too much fun.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Very creative, I smile each time I see these!

Helen L said...

oh Rachael, you are hilarious!!! I love your jack-o-leafy's!! I'll have to remember them because I hate all the slimey guts whey you carve a pumpkin too!! Have a wonderful weekend, as it is very close now!! :-) Hugs, H

liniecat said...

Seriously Superb Pumpkins!!
Just LOVE them lolol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...