Only a week to go until Christmas!! Yikes!! I feel like I've been racing against the clock to finish up projects by the end of the year. Every spare moment has been used for painting rooms and furniture, wall papering, framing pictures, decorating doorways with paper cutouts, cultivating a colourful rug addiction, researching bathroom tiles... basically turning our house into a home. A fun and colourful Daisyland! There's been lots of creative activities but no sewing, in fact I sometimes wonder if I've forgotten how to use my sewing machine. I guess I'll find out in the new year when I hope to focus on stitching and fabric once again.


Santa recently dropped off the latest edition of Simply Moderne. It was great to take time out of the festive frenzy, put my feet up and flip through the colourful glossy pages. I love this magazine with it's great articles of quilt shows and variety of quilt projects. The cover quilt is by Australian quilter Wendy Williams. It's bright colours are as merry and twinkling as Christmas lights. 

I was especially excited to find an article about my friend LeeAnn Decker of Nifty Quilts with lots of pictures of her beautiful quilts.

I'll be working pretty much every day till Christmas now so I'll get in early and wish you all a joyous holiday season and a happy and peaceful new year. I'll see you in 2016 for more bloggy good times. 

PS. Just like the Christmas specials on TV that come around every year here's a link to a Christmas Adventure I wrote a few years ago. It's fun, festive and features cute fabrics.