I sometimes wonder if the mailman knows what treasures he brings us. 

I was recently the lucky winner of some Happy Go Lucky fabrics from the wonderful More Stars in Comanche blog. 
Vickie didn't stop with that pretty collection, she also included some fun Blue Daisies, and some very cool Cowboy and Texas fabrics
When I unwrapped the charm squares...

... I immediately thought of these pretty aprons...
...that are in this fabulous book, Cotton Candy Quilts. It's as yummy as it sounds!!
Author Mary Mashuta does a wonderful job of compiling all you need to know about all about using feed sacks, vintage and reproduction fabrics into this inspiring book.
She includes some classic quilt patterns of the time
With pictures of vintage quilts and also modern interpretations. There are so many tempting quilts to make!!

Okay, back to the story... Inspired by those pretty aprons I grabbed those charm squares and a mere afternoon later I'd made a red, white a blue Texas apron!! Here I am ready ready to do some baking!! If I wasn't on the other side of the world I'd bake a cake for Vickie as a thank you for such a lovely parcel of goodies. 
The card Vickie sent with the fabrics is going straight to my inspiration wall. What a wonderful scrappy, colourful Lone Star!!

But wait there's more!! The postie also brought a gift from Rebecca of Needle & Spindle blog. Rebecca is a super knitter, spinner, dressmaker and crafty sewist. She hasn't been lured away by patchwork & quilting yet, so when she saw Australian Houses in Patchwork whilst op-shopping she thought of me and my fetish for house quilts. 
Australia Houses in Patchwork really does capture the essence of Aussie homes and streetscapes. I'm finding myself looking at houses as I walk around thinking which block they resemble. Margaret Rolfe and Beryl Hodges also include a chapter on how to design your own house block. Wouldn't it be fun to make house portrait pillows for gifts. 
It was published in 1987 and the dated photos certainly add to the appeal. 
This is such a great book and a very thoughtful gift, thanks Rebecca!!


Seeing as I'm mentioning books I'll share one that I recently purchased. 

The Printed Square is a book with photos of more than 200 vintage handkerchief patterns. 
The book is simply laid out with 1 hankie per page and divided into chapters of colour. 
I love this book for it's colour inspiration, and seeing how design works within the confines of a square. Plus I do love vintage hankies... see this old post if you don't believe me :)

Okay, Just 1 more fun thing to share... This super fun bag from Mandy of Mand-a-lin blog. Mandy obviously knows my taste! I love it!! It's bright, kitschy and has a picture of cake. What more could you want! 

Gosh, with all this talk of cake I think it's time I made a cup of tea and had a little treat.