I've become obsessed with Yo Yo's,
or Suffolk Puffs as they're also known.

I've been raiding my kitchen cupboards for plates, bowls, glasses and anything round to use as templates.
The plan is lots of colourful different sized Yo Yo's all sewn together. 
They're perfect for quiet hand sewing or while watching Tv. Great to do a couple here and there when there's a few free minutes. Fun to make using up scraps or little pieces of favourite fabrics. I don't use a lot of solid fabrics in my work but with Yo Yo's the crinkles add the pattern to the otherwise flat colour for a fabulous result. They're quick to make and it's satisfying to see the colourful pile grow.

I sewed a few puffs to add to my Dollop of Cream quilt and got carried away in my neutral fabrics and whipped up a little mini quilt.
 The Puffs are about 2 inches across and the finished quilt is about 12 inches square.
 I think they look a bit like the tops of cupcakes.

 It was a great opportunity to sort through my treasure jar of buttons. 


Another thing I enjoy about making these is seeing how the final shape plays with the pattern on fabrics.Check out this stripey Yo Yo. It's like an optical illusion. I wonder if a quilt of all stripes would be too much?  I might just have to try it... 


Have you ever made YoYo's or Suffolk Puffs?