...at the Springwood Quilt Show. 

I must apologise in advance that my photos are sometimes a tad blurry and are all taken on strange angles. Maybe you could just pretend you were part of the hustle and bustle at the show... I arrived on Saturday morning and there was already a crowd waiting for the doors to open. Having lots of people there just added to the happy buzz of the show. There were over 150 quilts on show so this is just a few of my favourites..

Let"s start with this happy lappy by Chris Jurd called Walk in The Park. How cool is this? I want to hang out in That park!!

Chris teaches throughout the Blue Mountains, and beyond, so of course there were a few of her patterns made by other clever quilters.

This Naughts and Crosses quilt has been made by Alice Bachner.  I love the bouncing ball border. Alice uses the most beautiful fabrics. They're different from what I use but whenever I sit next to her when we're sewing I can't help but admire them.



 Pickled Lillies made in pretty pastel pinks by Sandra McConnell. I just love this pattern, such a great combination of clever piecing and applique.

Ancient Dahlia  made by Sue Reynolds is so dreamy in those colours.

One of the things about being part of a local community show is seeing my friends' quilts. This beautiful quilt is called Swooning Along made by the lovely Mandy Alden of Mand-a-Lin blog. I visited her for sewing days while she worked on this quilt so it was so wonderful to see it finished and hanging in all it's glory. 

This is one of the wonderful quilts Pamela Westmacott entered in the show, The center looks as though it's spinning! A fun quilt that she made for her grand daughter.

 How wonderful is this Pickle Dish by Lorraine Titcume. I especially gasped with glee to see it finished and hanging because this is my friend Lorraine who never really used bright fabrics. One day she said wanted to try some brights and look at her go! The effect is electric! I love it!

 Sue Geldard is one of my Saturday sewing buddies, and she flies through blocks with her sewing machine, whipping up all sorts of amazing machine pieced quilts. She surprised us with this cutest applique quilt that she'd worked on at home. It's called Toytime Circus designed by Kookaburra Cottage.


Every show has an outstanding hexagon quilt. The mustard yellow in Hexagon Variation really jumped out at me, I love the clever fussy cutting and the lone hexis dotted between the blocks. Interestingly Ruth Pattingale didn't use paper piecing but stitched the hexagons using American piecing. 

La la looove this quilt!!! Look at all those toiles!!  This quilt was made by the Monday Night Quilters who make this hexagon toile quilt for their members "0" birthdays.


Every year there is a teapot display set up by Bygone Beautys, a well known Blue Mountains antique store and tea rooms. I had to share a photo of the giant  teapot. 

And finally here was the other quilt I had in the Quilt show - you probably guessed I'd show The Love Quilt.  I received some wonderful viewers choice comments about this quilt - thanks to all the people who took the time to write such lovely comments.

I'll do a post with all its details and close up photos for the Bloggers Quilt Festival on May 18th... where there'll be more..

Amy's Creative Side

....Quilts Galore!!!