I'm off to sewing camp this weekend and we're having a secret pin cushion swap so I've been making pin cushions! It would be easier if I knew who I was making it for but it could be anyone of a group with very diverse tastes.

I started with this idea centered around a cute little pig. I thought fun fabrics, not too bright but not too dull, a few sewing themed fabrics.
Some fun Lakehouse Drygoods fabric on the back.
But then I wondered if it was good enough, or quirky enough. So I made one using selvages.
With some fun Suzuko Koseki fabric on the back.
But then I worried that one was too simple.

My next attempt went a little crazy when I added the pom poms! The button in the middle is actually fabric, not a real button.

This one is much tamer in colour choice but it was a bit puckery around the edges and not good enough to give to the amazing sewers that will be at camp.


So I ended up deciding to use the first pincushion I made. After all it does say "Happy Stitches" along the edge, who could argue with that! Though I will say if the recipient of my pin cushion is a reader of my blog and they want to swap pin cushions with any of the others I've made I wont mind.
Oh and the first photo of the PINS pincushion.. that was another one of my attempts. The bright letters used on linen was inspired by this cushion made by the wonderfully clever Mary of Molly Flanders. So why didn't I pick that one? I wasn't sure if the recipient would have the same sense of humour as me...



Which one would you have picked?