It's Sarah Fielke's fault I couldn't sleep on Friday night...
because I'd purchased her new book that day and couldn't stop thinking about all the quilts I want to make from it!!
From the first flip through Quilting From The Little Things I knew it's going to be a favourite! Sarah's patterns are so clever and well explained. Her use of colour is so confident. I learn and am inspired so much just looking at the glorious combinations of fabrics. All these things are captured in stunning photographs by Sue Stubbs.

The book has 10 chapters each showcasing a different technique. From simple Row by Row Construction...

...to Deconstructed Piecing, Inset Piecing, Step Down Piecing and the one I'm most excited about is Feathered Blocks!
This book just makes me want to sew!! to try new things, to get into my stash and pull out surprising mixes of fabrics. Wahooo!! What more can I ask from a quilting book.!?!

For more info check out Sarah's web page and blog The Last Piece.
At the moment Fat Quarterly has a giveaway for the book
and Kate at One Flew Over has a giveaway for some of Sarah's fabrics
The book has been released in Australia and should be in your local bookshop. I ordered mine online at doubleday.com.au.
The release date in the US is in August, I think..
Talking of little things, here's a sneak peek of my doll quilt for the Down Under Doll Quilt Swap.
The little elephants make me smile.
Hope you're smiling too!

Cheerio.