Here's my Arizona Rising Sun Quilt so far. I haven't sewn the rings together, so they may look a bit crooked but it gives you an idea of what they'll look like. The largest ring is too big to fit on my design wall so its doubled up. GBF said this looks like a big toothy monster is about to eat the circles.
The class with Michelle Yeo was great. She was very friendly and relaxed, letting people work on whatever part they wanted to at their own pace but always being there to help with instructions and handy tips. Her method of foundation piecing was different from what I've done before. She uses freezer paper that is perforated with the template pattern and then you sew and fold using the paper as a guide. Prepping the freezer paper patterns takes a while but the trade off is not ripping off paper foundations, the freezer paper just peels off like a dream.
I wonder who discovered freezer paper's magic patchworking powers. I can just imagine someone whose mind was on their sewing while they slaving away in the kitchen.
Hopefully they'll bring it all together nicely.
I've decided to change the diamonds in the middle row. I was going to do stripes just because it would be a challenge to fussy cut them but the white looks too washed out.
I'm auditioning the black and teal fabrics... at the moment the black is winning.
I was very restrained with my shopping at the Quiltsmith, mostly because I was so busy sewing that the time flew so I didn't have a lot of time to look. I did manage to pick a few feedsack prints for a dresden plate quilt I'm planning using a vintage table cloth. Another quilt for another day...