Don't you just love it when the mail fairies visit!!!


The parcel on my doorstep when I got home today contained this gorgeous top. It's from an Etsy shop called In Love Again run by Carrie who recycles clothes and creates beautiful wearable art!


I found it because I was searching for "vintage bird fabric", which I sometimes do, just to see what's out there... Anyway this top caught my eye, I just loved everything about it, the colours, the comfy roominess (it was my size!!) and those appliqued bird and pears are such a delight!!! I didn't buy it straight away, it was when I woke up in the middle of the night in a panic that it may have sold that I knew I had to have it, so I jumped online and snapped it up.


It reminds me of when I was in my early teens and I discovered op shops. It was rare to find something exactly my size. I'd have to take hems up or down, sometimes making little matching bags with the cut off hem. Cinch in the waists, shorten sleeves or add frills. I'd play with pretty trims and appliques. Swap buttons from one to another. Dye them all sorts of colours. I even played with bleach to make patterns on fabrics and sandpaper to get a worn look.

So my parcel wasn't just a top. It was packed with fun colourful memories of a lifetime ago and renewed inspiration to get into the depths of my wardrobe and see what needs a bit of sprucing up.


But wait, that's not all...






...there was also this dear little handprinted deer card with a lovely message.
Thanks Carrie, You're a dear too!!!